Using the Cocos Mobile Network
Cocos Keeling Islands has an unique mobile network, with no Telstra network available. Not all mobile phones will cooperate with the network, however you can try changing your settings to attempt to receive a temporary mobile number (note that your phone must be UNLOCKED):
- Go to your phone settings.
- Choose network selections, and then choose manual.
- Look for AUS 018 or 505-18 and then select.
- To confirm connection, dial *#100# followed by the dial button. If your phone is connected, you will receive an SMS with your temporary mobile number for your stay on Island (0406 329 _ _ _ )
- Head to the Cocos (K) Islands Community Resource Centre to purchase recharge vouchers to make calls (available in $10, $20, $50 values)
Please note: Some phones require 'rebooting' to connect to the network after manually searching. Simply turn your phone off and then on and look for the CIIA connection.
If your mobile does not work, you are able to hire mobile phones from the Resource Centre or alternatively purchase phone cards for the public phones located at the Tropica Restaurant or the Cocos Club.
The Cocos (K) Islands Community Resource Centre is not responsible for the Mobile Network, if you have further queries or would like to report a fault please contact Christmas Island Internet Administration by email firstname.lastname@example.org
PRE-BOOKING MOBILE PHONES: