Can I access the internet on Cocos Islands?
Yes, there are a number of options available at the Cocos (K) Islands Community Resource Centre.
- Use one of our computers to access your emails or surf the web.
- Connect to the internet using your own laptop.
- Purchase wireless vouchers to use in your own accommodation.
See Our Services tab for further information on internet on Cocos.
Will my mobile phone work on Cocos Islands?
Not all mobile phones will cooperate with the network, however you can trying changing your settings to attempt to receive a temporary mobile number:
- Go to your phone settings.
- Choose network selections, and then choose manual.
- Look for AUS 018 or 505-18 and then select.
- To confirm connection, dial *#100# followed by the dial button. If your phone is connected, you will receive an SMS with your temporary mobile number for your stay on Island (0406 329 _ _ _ )
- Head to the Cocos (K) Islands Community Resource Centre to purchase recharge vouchers to make calls (available in $10, $20, $50 values)
Please note: Some phones require 'rebooting' to connect to the network after manually searching. Simply turn your phone off and then on and look for the CIIA connection.
If your mobile does not work, you are able to hire mobile phones from the Resource Centre or alternatively purchase phone cards for the public phones located at the Tropica Restaurant or the Cocos Club.
The Cocos (K) Islands Community Resource Centre is not responsible for the Mobile Network, if you have further queries or would like to report a fault please contact Christmas Island Internet Administration by email email@example.com
Do you provide visitor information at the Resource Centre?
In April 2010, the Cocos Islands Tourism Association co-located with us to provide better services to both the local community and visitors to Cocos Islands. Benefits of the co-location has included longer opening hours and the ability to provide numerous services from the one location. Drop in for a chat with the friendly CRC and Visitor Centre staff and book a tour, buy a souvenir or just have a browse!